Come study, learn, live and grow at a nationally recognized university. Southwest
Baptist University has been recognized for its excellence in Christian higher education,
scholarships and affordability, and superior general education curriculum.
Points of Pride
- Recognized as one of America's Best Christian Colleges each year since 1997
- Selected as one of America's 100 Best College Buys each year since 1996
- Received an "A" rating on general education curriculum by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni —
one of just 24 institutions nationwide to earn this rating and the only school in
Missouri! ("What Will They Learn" report by the ACTA)
Southwest Baptist University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Additionally,
many individual colleges, departments and programs have further accreditations. Check
out our Accreditations and Affiliations page to learn more.
SBU Accreditation Information
- More than 80 areas of academic study offered
- Average class size is 24 students; student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1
- More than 98% of students receive financial aid at SBU
undergraduate students on the Bolivar campus
- 18 NCAA Division II athletic teams
- Average of 25 global service projects organized through the Center for Global Connections each year
- More than 45 student clubs and organizations
Want to Learn More?
Visit our Facts and Information page to learn more about Southwest Baptist University, including access to valuable
SBU Facts and Info