NOTICE: Classes canceled today due to weather conditions. Check Blackboard for communication from your instructors.

Transfer College Credits to SBU

This transfer guide is to help undergraduate students looking to transfer to SBU determine how their college credits will transfer. This is not to be considered a contractual agreement between current or prospective SBU students. Please contact the Registrar's Office for more information.

If a transfer equivalent course is upper division at SBU (i.e. PSY 3063) and is from an approved 2-year institution, it will be marked as a 2000 level course (i.e. PSY 2000). The course will transfer but will not count as upper level credit.

Want to Transfer to SBU?

Our course transfer equivalency guide below can help you determine how your courses will transfer from other institutions to SBU. Our Office of Admissions is here to help make the transfer process as smooth as possible! Contact Chris Mitchell at (417) 328-1816 to learn more about transferring to SBU!

Learn How to Transfer to SBU

Credit by Examination

Southwest Baptist University offers college course credit for selected Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) examinations dependent on test subject and score received.

AP and CLEP grade reports are submitted to the Office of the Registrar. Contact the Office of the Registrar at (417) 328-1610 for more information.

CLEP examinations are administered by the University Success Center, located in Mabee Chapel. Call (417) 328-1741 for more information.

Download Information About Credit by Examination

Transfer Courses From Other Institutions

SBU accepts transfer credits from many other accredited colleges and universities. Use our Course Transfer Equivalency Guide to see how courses from other institutions will transfer to SBU.

Course Transfer Equivalency Guide

Articulation Agreements

Institution Program Accepting / Sending
Bolivar Technical College
(Bolivar, Mo)
ASN to BSN transfer Accepting
Cox Medical Centers
(Springfield, Mo)
Medical Technology Accepting

Crowder College

(Neosho, Mo)

AA Degree Accepting
Culver-Stockton College
(Canton, Mo)
B.S. in Exercise Science-Rehab Science to Master of Athletic Training (MAT) Sending
East Central College
(Union, Mo)
Elementary Education Accepting
Ozarks Technical Community College
(Springfield, Mo)
AA Degree Accepting

Ozarks Technical Community College

(Springfield, Mo)

EMS Paramedic to ASN Bridge Accepting

Ozarks Technical Community College

(Springfield, Mo)

Program: Business Accepting
Ozarks Technical Community College
(Springfield, Mo)
Program: Elementary Education Accepting
Rolla Technical Center
(Rolla, Mo)
LPN to ASN Accepting
Texas County Community College
(Houston, Mo)
ASN to BSN transfer Accepting

Physical Therapy Articulation Agreements

Anderson University (Anderson, Ind.) Avila University (Kansas City, Mo.) Belhaven University (Jackson, Miss.)
Bethel University (St. Paul, Minn.) Central Christian College (McPherson, Kan.) Central Methodist University (Fayette, Mo.)
College of the Ozarks (Branson, Mo.) Drury University (Springfield, Mo.) Evangel University (Springfield, Mo.)
Grace College (Winona Lake, Ind.) Hannibal LaGrange (Hannibal, Mo.) Indiana Wesleyan (Marion, Ind.)
John Brown University (Siloam Springs, Ark.) MidAmerican Nazarene University (Olathe, Kan.) Missouri Baptist University (St. Louis, Mo.)
Oklahoma Baptist University (Shawnee, Okla.) Oklahoma Wesleyan University (Bartlesville, Okla.) Oral Roberts University (Tulsa, Okla.)
Ouachita Baptist University (Arkadelphia, Ark.) Pensacola Christian College (Pensacola, Fla.) Southern Nazarene University (Bethany, Okla.)
Sterling College (Sterling, Kan.) Tabor College (Hillsboro, Kan.) Union University (Jackson, Tenn.)
William Jewell College (Liberty, Mo.) Williams Baptist College (Walnut Ridge, Ark.)  

ApplyVisitRequest Info