students walking on campus carrying backpacks or on phones

office of the registrar

The Office of the Registrar is an administrative and academic unit that provides enrollment services, implements academic policies, and maintains permanent student records for service to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and outside constituencies.

Current students may find important resources, such as the credit check form, on the MySBU portal.

request transcripts

Your official transcript housed with SBU is bound by federal law FERPA (Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974).

To request a transcript, you may do so in-person at the Registrar's Office on the Bolivar campus or through the National Student Clearinghouse.

Note: Students who graduated from the St. John's Diploma program in December 1997 and prior should contact the Mercy College of Nursing at (417) 820-2069 to receive a transcript.

Request transcript

Transcript Order Status

course transfer equivalencies

Use this course transfer guide to learn how courses from other colleges and universities may transfer in to SBU, and what credits you may receive for AP, IB and CLEP examinations.

degree and enrollment verification

SBU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification. 

National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herndon VA 20171
Fax: (703) 742-4239

request replacement diploma

Alumni may request a replacement diploma by downloading and submitting the replacement diploma request form with the $15 fee.

Download form