Killian Health Center
Maintaining Healthy Community
At SBU, we care about your well-being in and out of the classroom. SBU's Killian Health
Center maintains the health and wellness of the SBU community by providing free health
services and consultation to SBU students, staff and their families.
Located on SBU’s Stufflebam Campus in Bolivar, the Killian Health Center is staffed
by a registered nurse with resources to make sure your healthcare needs are met.
Making an Appointment
You can contact the Health Center or visit anytime between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday
through Friday, during fall and spring semesters (Health Center hours vary in January,
June and July). Although walk-ins are welcome, to make your visit more efficient and
help Health Center staff best meet your healthcare needs, call (417) 328-1888 to make
an appointment for your visit.
After Hours Care
If you are in need of after hours healthcare services, several options are available:
- Citizens Memorial Hospital Walk-in Medical Clinic is located close to campus and is
open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. No appointment is needed; call (417) 777-4800 for more
- Citizens Memorial Hospital has a fully-equipped emergency department and hospital;
call (417) 326-6000 for more information.
- As needed, your dorm's resident director can contact the Director of Health Services
Health Center Services
- Assessment of illness and injury
- Vision, health and limited physicals
- Same-day referrals for additional treatment or tests at nearby facilities like Citizens
Memorial Hospital and the Polk County Health Center
- Administration of some immunizations at free SBU clinics (you can get certain other
immunizations at the Center at other times during the year, although the cost varies)
- Self-care recommendations
- Over-the-counter medications, bandages and first-aid treatments
- Equipment such as crutches and heating pads, which are available at no charge if returned
to the Center
- Documentation for a class absence (you must be seen by the nurse on the first day
of class absence)
- Copies of immunization records
- Allergy injections — by appointment only with physician orders and instructions
- Tests such as rapid strep throat testing and tuberculosis skin tests ($6.00)
Manage your Student Health Record
Southwest Baptist University Killian Health Center has partnered with Magnus Health
SMR (Student Medical Record), a leading provider of electronic student health record
software to store your Electronic Medical Record.
- Your health information will be stored and managed in a central location for accurate
data collection and easy retrieval of medical records
- You will have continuous access to your health record with the ability to make updates
- You can take your digital health record with you when you graduate
All SBU students must update their medical history files and submit immunization documentation. You can update your electronic medical record through the MySBU portal.