Killian Health Center
Maintaining Healthy Community
At SBU, we care about your well-being in and out of the classroom. SBU's Killian Health
Center maintains the health and wellness of the SBU community by providing free health
services and consultation to SBU students, staff and their families.
Located on SBU’s Stufflebam Campus in Bolivar, the Killian Health Center is staffed
by a registered nurse with resources to make sure your healthcare needs are met.
Making an Appointment
SBU's Killian Health Center is available for patient visits by appointment only. Make an appointment with Nurse Joyce by calling (417) 328-1888. No walk-in visits
are allowed at this time.
Health Center Hours
During the summer term, the Health Center is open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Thursday, by appointment only.
Preparing for your appointment
- Prior to entering the Health Center, you will be asked a short list of health questions
and will have your temperature taken.
- You will be asked to wear a face covering while in the Health Center. Masks will be
provided, if needed.
- Only two patients are permitted in the Health Center at a time. Any visitors accompanying
patients will be asked to remain in their vehicles.
- All required health forms must be completed online through Magnus (directions for accessing Magnus are listed below). No paper copies will be accepted
at this time.
After Hours Care
If you are in need of after hours healthcare services, several options are available:
- Citizens Memorial Hospital Walk-in Medical Clinic is located close to campus and is
open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. No appointment is needed; call (417) 777-4800 for more
- Citizens Memorial Hospital has a fully-equipped emergency department and hospital;
call (417) 326-6000 for more information.
- As needed, your dorm's resident director can contact the Director of Health Services
Health Center Services
- Assessment of illness and injury
- Vision, health and limited physicals
- Same-day referrals for additional treatment or tests at nearby facilities like Citizens
Memorial Hospital and the Polk County Health Center
- Administration of some immunizations at free SBU clinics (you can get certain other
immunizations at the Center at other times during the year, although the cost varies)
- Self-care recommendations
- Over-the-counter medications, bandages and first-aid treatments
- Equipment such as crutches and heating pads, which are available at no charge if returned
to the Center
- Documentation for a class absence (you must be seen by the nurse on the first day
of class absence)
- Copies of immunization records
- Allergy injections — by appointment only with physician orders and instructions
- Tests such as rapid strep throat testing and tuberculosis skin tests ($6.00)
Manage your Student Health Record
Southwest Baptist University Killian Health Center has partnered with Magnus Health
SMR (Student Medical Record), a leading provider of electronic student health record
software to store your Electronic Medical Record.
- Your health information will be stored and managed in a central location for accurate
data collection and easy retrieval of medical records
- You will have continuous access to your health record with the ability to make updates
- You can take your digital health record with you when you graduate
All SBU students must update their medical history files and submit immunization documentation. You can update your electronic medical record through the MySBU portal.
Accessing your Magnus Health SMR account
- Log in to the MySBU portal
- Go to the Applications list
- Select "Student Health Record"