Technology Services at SBU
As today’s global society becomes even more connected through technology, Southwest
Baptist University provides information technology resources to enhance academic learning.
Through the MySBU portal, you have a single entry point to all SBU technology resources, including:
- Blackboard Learning Management System — Timely access to grades, assignments, collaborative working spaces and assessment
- Self-Service — Online, real-time access to academic, account, financial aid, course, and transcript
- Microsoft Office 365 — A feature-rich suite of Microsoft tools including personal email, calendar, contacts,
tasks, and OneDrive. Enjoy Microsoft Office for FREE (install Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
OneNote, and Outlook on up to five devices for free). To access the free Office suite
products, log into the MySBU portal, and access your SBU Email. Once your inbox is
open, click the Office 365 link at the top of the page. The resulting page will explain
the options and provide you installation information.
- Wireless Printing — With wireless printing technology, you can print directly from your laptop to printers
in our computer labs. The technology fee students pay each semester includes a $20
credit to your printing account. Printing costs 5 cents per black laser print and
15 cents per color print. Once your account is depleted, you can add to your account
by calling the ITS Help Desk at (417) 328-1702.
- More — Many other resources including official announcements, calendar and new events,
and access to systems such as SBU Alert, and the Student Health Record are all available
to you through the MySBU portal.
- Campus-wide WiFi network — Whether you are in an academic building or residence hall, SBU_Wireless has you covered. Additionally, each room in the residence halls has at least two
Ethernet network connections for high-speed internet access.
- FREE SBU mobile app — Available on both Android and Apple OS mobile devices, SBU Mobile provides great features, including access to grades, course schedules, campus event
calendars, campus news, dining hall menu, important phone numbers, campus maps, local
merchant discounts and much more.