If you’re looking to become an influential teacher and serve in schools as a qualified and inspiring educator, look no further than SBU’s variety of master’s degrees in teaching and education.
- Master of Science in Education - Athletic/Activity Administration
- Master of Science in Education - Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Science in Education - Instructional Technology Leadership
- Master of Science in Education - Literacy
- Master of Science in Education - Teacher Leadership
- Master of Science in Education - Initial Teaching Certification
If you’re interested in a path leading toward educational leadership, SBU has several graduate programs available. This includes master’s degrees, specialist degrees and doctorate degrees. Explore your options and learn about the career paths available when you pursue an education graduate degree with SBU.
Flexible Course Options
SBU Graduate Education courses are delivered online, face-to-face, or a combination of the two (hybrid). Some degrees are even offered completely online.
Fall and spring semesters have two 8-week terms, making it easy to take two classes each term. During the summer semester, June and July terms are four weeks each.
Upcoming Start Dates
Graduate education courses will begin on the following dates:
- October 16, 2023
- January 8, 2024
- March 4, 2024
- June 3, 2024
Non-degree seeking students can take elective courses in Graduate Education at Southwest Baptist University. This is a great option for teachers looking for continuing education credits and professional development opportunities.
Once you've found a degree program that interests you, fill out our online application. Then, send us a copy of your transcripts and test scores to help expedite the process. Use the links below to apply for the program of your choice.
Minimum Admissions Requirements
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75+
- Teaching Certificate, Passing Praxis II score, or Passing GRE score
- Other specific requirements as needed for the Master of Science in Education - Educational Administration, Education Specialist, and Doctor of Education degrees
Once you have been admitted to SBU's graduate education program and are ready to sign up for classes, contact Brooklyn Roderick. You will need to know the course number, course section and course title for each course in which you wish to enroll.
Courses are typically scheduled in eight-week rotations, providing greater flexibility for students wishing to begin graduate education programs.
Cost and Financial Aid
Graduate Education admissions information:
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
General Graduate admissions information:
Director of Graduate/Online Admissions
For certification information:
Dr. Jennifer Fox