Graduate Education Electives
Further your education, enhance your teaching skills, and receive professional development to make you the best teacher and school leader you can be by enrolling in graduate education elective courses!
By enrolling in these elective courses, students at Southwest Baptist University earn Grad Plus hours or continuing education credits.
A variety of Graduate Education elective courses are offered each term. These electives cover an expanse of topics from current trends in education to diversity to working with marginalized or minority groups. By exploring the full length of our course offerings, we’re confident that you’ll find coursework that interests you and will help you serve your students or school better. Some of our recent elective courses offered include:
- Teaching Diverse Learners
- Working with At-Risk Students
- Issues and Trends in Education
- How to Enrich Student Reading
- Special Ed in the Gen Ed Classroom
- Trauma in the Classroom
- Standards-Based Integrated Curriculum, Learning and Teaching
Download the current Graduate Education electives schedule.
How to Enroll
If you’re ready to sign up for a Graduate Education elective course, you can fill out our online enrollment form.
If you have questions about the program, we would be happy to you. You can either call or email for information about our education degree programs and electives.
- Call (417) 328-1700
- Email tfellers@SBUniv.edu (provide your name, contact information, and course(s) in which you wish to enroll)
Graduate education courses are offered in a variety of formats — online, hybrid, and face-to-face.