Teacher Leadership — Master of Science in Education
Designed to prepare teachers to assume the role of lead teacher without seeking administrative certification, the Master of Science in Education — Teacher Leadership degree program at SBU features expert faculty, engaging courses and a supportive environment. You will be equipped to lead grade level meetings, collaborate with other teachers in a more productive way, and become an instructional coach. This degree is fully online.
This degree will empower you to:
- Communicate effectively within your school and community
- Coach and mentor your colleagues
- Analyze classroom formative data to inform instruction
- Analyze schoolwide data effectively
- Develop curriculum that meets 21st century standards
- Utilize technology effectively in the school setting
- Build relationships and foster collaboration among teachers, students, and parents
- Work with school leaders to positively influence your school
Want to Learn more and Apply?
Visit the Graduate Education page to learn more about the application and admissions process, financial aid, and more.
Teacher Leadership courses are offered online through the Blackboard Learning Management System.