Teacher Leadership Degree Program
The Master of Science in Education — Teacher Leadership program is designed to prepare teachers to assume any leadership role In the school that does not require an administrative certification.
SBU's teacher leadership degree program features expert faculty, engaging courses and a supportive environment. Once you have finished this program, you will be equipped to collaborate with administration and peers to conduct peer coaching, lead groups of teachers in professional learning and develop a plan for school improvement. This degree is offered fully online.
What Can I do with a Teacher Leadership Degree?
This degree will empower you to:
- Communicate effectively within your school and community
- Coach and mentor your colleagues
- Analyze classroom formative data to inform instruction
- Analyze schoolwide data effectively
- Develop curriculum that meets 21st century standards
- Utilize technology effectively in the school setting
- Build relationships and foster collaboration among teachers, students, and parents
- Work with school leaders to positively influence your school
The possibilities, potential career growth and opportunities are endless with a teacher leadership degree. If you’re interested in becoming a leader in the education field, this program may be the perfect fit for you.
Want to Learn more and Apply?
Visit the Graduate Education page to learn more about the application and admissions process, financial aid, and more.
Teacher Leadership courses are offered online through the Blackboard Learning Management System.