After moving class instruction online for the remainder of the semester due to the
COVID-19 pandemic, Southwest Baptist University is issuing further guidance for students concerning Residence Life questions.
Procedures for students checking out of residence halls
Student residents may collect their belongings between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, through Sunday, May 3, through an online sign-up process being facilitated by the Resident Directors.
- Details regarding the process will be provided by the Resident Directors through an
email sent to students’ SBU email addresses.
- In accordance with the Polk County Health Department’s recommended guidelines for safe social distancing, Residence Life is limiting the number of residents allowed
in each residence hall facility each day. It is especially important to adhere to
social distancing as we journey through the COVID-19 experience.
- You ARE NOT allowed on campus if you are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of
breath, or other flu-like symptoms, if someone in your household has these symptoms
OR if you have had exposure to anyone with the flu, including the coronavirus, within
the last 14 days.
- This plan is subject to change as local, state and federal authorities may impose
- All questions should be directed to the Resident Director of the student’s residence
Room and board credits
SBU’s priority is taking care of the Bearcat family. One way to do this is by issuing
pro-rated credits to student accounts for meal plans and housing.
- Board (meal plans): SBU will issue a credit on student accounts in the amount of half of the semester
charge for board (meal plans).
- Housing: SBU will issue a credit on student accounts in the amount of half of the semester
charge for housing costs minus half of the semester’s residency grant. Undergraduate
students living in residential housing receive a residency grant to help with offsetting
costs for residential housing. Because housing costs are being adjusted, the residency
grant is being adjusted accordingly.
- Credit process: The credited amount first will be applied toward balances on student accounts. If
a credit balance remains after applying these credits, a payment will be processed
by April 10.
- For more information: Call the Cashier’s Office at (417) 328-1524 between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 Monday-Friday.
SBU continues to answer the many questions created by the move of classes online for
the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Go to www.SBUniv.edu/coronavirus for a listing of Frequently Asked Questions.
SBU's Coronavirus Information Page