BOLIVAR, Mo. – As Southwest Baptist University continues to monitor the novel Coronavirus
(“COVID-19”) outbreak world-wide, there have been some changes to events being held
on the Bolivar campus over the next few weeks.
During the week of March 23-27, the week after Spring Break, classes will not physically
meet on any of SBU’s campuses, but some events are still scheduled to be held. The
list of University facility hours and events being held, postponed or canceled are
- SBU’s Meyer Wellness and Sports Center – Closed until Monday, March 23. The Wellness Center is open 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday and noon-6 p.m. Saturday. Fitness classes will not meet.
Postponed events (rescheduled dates to be determined):
- SBU Chorale concert at FBC-Bolivar – March 24
- SBU Community Concert Series – March 26 – featuring pianist Jonathan Sokasits at Meyer Recital Hall, Bolivar campus
- Psalm 15 lecture — March 25 – SBU alumnus Brian Peters, owner of Evergreen Heating and Cooling, speaker
- Gullahorn Concert – March 23 – featuring Andy Gullahorn, contemporary Christian artist
- All Center for Global Connections (CGC) trips during Spring Break
- The Alteration Women’s Conference — March 27-28
- March 23 and 25 Chapel services – Andy Gullahorn (March 23); Heather Pruitt, a 2014 SBU graduate (March 25)
- The Great Lakes Valley Conference’s Council of Presidents voted unanimously Friday
to suspend all activities related to intercollegiate athletics and cancel the remaining
2020 GLVC Championships due to concerns of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The GLVC will review the status of the league suspension on April 6.
For updates on the novel Coronavirus (“COVID-19”), visit www.SBUniv.edu/coronavirus.