BOLIVAR, Mo. — Southwest Baptist University hosted its five newest trustees on campus Friday, Jan. 10, for new trustee training prior to the next scheduled board meeting in April.
“Serving on the Board of Trustees is an honor and great responsibility as we serve both SBU and Missouri Baptists,” said Ryan Palmer, chair of the SBU Board of Trustees. “We are excited to continue working together as a board to guide the great Kingdom work happening at SBU.”
New trustees with five-year terms expiring in 2024 are:
• Tim Carter is a financial advisor from Green Ridge. He graduated from SBU in 2010 with a degree
in Economics and Finance and received a Master of Arts in Apologetics from Columbia
Evangelical Seminary in Columbia in 2018. He and his wife, Katie, have two children.
• Dr. Danny Decker is pastor of First Baptist Church in Humansville. He graduated from SBU in 1996 with a degree in Christian Ministries and received a master’s degree and Doctor of Ministry degree from Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He and his wife, Christine, have three grown children.
• Jonathan Hayashi is music and worship pastor at First Baptist Church in Troy. He graduated from Moody Bible Institute in Chicago with a degree in Pastoral Ministry in 2012. He also has a master’s degree in Organizational Leadership from Moody and plans to graduate this year from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary with a doctorate in Biblical Counseling. He and his wife, Kennedi, have two children.
• Linda L. Marshall is an attorney with The Marshall Law Office LLC in the Kansas City area. She has a bachelor’s degree in History from Biola University and a J.D. from the University of Missouri–Columbia. She and her husband, Barry, live in Lee’s Summit.
• Dr. Michael Roy is pastor of Pathway Church in Raymore. He graduated from SBU in 1992 with a degree in Biblical Studies. He also has a Master of Divinity from Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, a Master of Theology from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and a Doctor of Philosophy from Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He and his wife, Lynda, have three children, one being a current student at SBU.
SBU’s board of trustees has 25 members, with five trustees elected each year to five-year terms. Each trustee can serve a maximum of two consecutive terms.
Photo: Southwest Baptist University’s newest members of the Board of Trustees were on campus Friday, Jan. 10, for new trustee training. They are, from left, Linda L. Marshall, Dr. Danny Decker, Dr. Michael Roy, Tim Carter and Jonathan Hayashi.