BOLIVAR, Mo. — As part of Southwest Baptist University’s efforts to accomplish the
strategic focus of the University, President Eric A. Turner announced changes in a
select number of job titles and duties, effective Nov. 1, 2018.
- Allison Langford has been named Vice President for Strategic Planning and Initiatives. In addition
to her current duties of overseeing accreditation and outcomes assessment matters,
Langford is in charge of facilitating the current planning process under way, and
developing structure and procedures to ensure that University efforts are deliberate
and data informed.
- Dana Steward has been named Assistant Provost for General Education and Transition. Steward will
continue to provide leadership for all the departments within the Clark University
Success Center, as well as the General Education Program. She also will assist the
provost with academic duties.
- Angela Carr has been named Senior Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning. In addition
to providing support as a Blackboard specialist, Carr will lead and continue to develop
the Center for Teaching and Learning.
“We are focused on the fundamentals of being good stewards of the people, fiscal,
physical and student resources the University is entrusted with,” Turner said.
“This is vital in order for us to think and plan toward the next chapter.”
During the University’s Board of Trustees meeting on Oct. 16, Turner outlined a strategic
plan, expected to be finalized by the October 2019 meeting.
In addition to the Executive Cabinet’s involvement in the planning process, an 11-member
Strategic Planning Team was formed. It includes representatives of faculty, staff,
students, trustees, alumni and multiple campuses. Further steps include:
- Listening sessions: Fall 2018 — University constituents are being asked two primary questions: “What should never
change about SBU?” and “What should we change about SBU?”
- Data compilation and review sessions: Spring 2019 — Planning Team will review the data and conduct listening sessions with the same
constituents to review the emergent themes resulting from the initial data collection.
- Mid-term report: April 2019 — Information will be presented to the Board of Trustees at the April 2019 meeting.
- Finalized plan: October 2019 — To be submitted to the Board of Trustees in October 2019.
“We have much to do, but our efforts are intended to be looking toward the next chapter
of SBU,” Turner said. “It is my desire for us to embrace the opportunities and respond
to the challenges presented to us in order for us to be the exemplar Christian university
throughout the Midwest and beyond.”