NOTICE: Classes canceled today due to weather conditions. Check Blackboard for communication from your instructors.
BOLIVAR, Mo. – Southwest Baptist University Theatre students recently were honored this semester at the 54th annual Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival, which celebrates work by colleges and universities in the seven-state region during 2021, in a virtual online festival.
The festival honored SBU Theatre with eight meritorious achievement awards by an outside respondent (theatre faculty) from other participating institutions. SBU competed in Region 5 with schools from Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.
SBU award recipients include:
• Liz Coulter – Stage Management for “As It Is In Heaven”
• Ryan Lee – Direction for “As It Is In Heaven”
• Jenna Roberts – Costume Design for “As It Is In Heaven”
• The Entire Cast – Ensemble Production for “As It Is In Heaven”
• Sammie Baldus – Scenic Design for “As It Is In Heaven”
• Kylie Yeast – Sound Design for “The Little Prince”
• Ava Andersen and Miriam Mattsfield – Dramaturgy for “The Little Prince”
• Rebecca Rankin (former SBU theatre professor) – Puppet Design for “The Little Prince”
SBU participates in the festival every year by entering their productions for review by a respondent from another institution in the region and by attending the annual festival. Next year the festival will be in Des Moines, Iowa.
SBU’s Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival participants: Sammie Baldus, Jenna Roberts, Ava Andersen, Liz Coulter, Miriam Mattsfield, Kylie Yeast and Ryan Lee.