Jane and Ken Meyer Wellness And Sports Center
The Wellness Center is now open with extra guidelines.
- NO ENTRY with fever, cough, difficulty breathing, other symptoms, or recent contact
with a COVID-19 patient
- NO ENTRY for those with compromised immune systems or chronic diseases
- Masks are highly recommended except when doing intense cardio workouts or swimming
- No locker room use (restrooms by Sports Cafe will be open)
- Sanitize equipment after use
- Maintain six feet of physical distancing from other guests
- Guests under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Guests under 16 will not be allowed to use the weight room or upstairs gym equipment
- All members must enter through the east doors by tennis courts and scan their IDs
at the fitness desk
Current Wellness Center Guidelines
Current Wellness Center operating hours are listed below.
Monday-Thursday: 5 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday: 5 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 12-8 p.m.
Sunday: 2-8 p.m.
Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 6-8 a.m.
Monday-Thursday: 3-8 p.m.
Friday: 3-6 p.m.
Saturday: 12-3 p.m.
Wellness Center Features
Through the Wellness Center at Southwest Baptist University, you can stay active during
your college years and beyond. Features include:
- Climbing wall for rock climbing and bouldering
- Indoor running/walking track
- Three courts for playing basketball, volleyball and other games
- Indoor swimming pool (natatorium)
- Fitness room equipped with cardio and weight equipment
- Fitness classes in the Aerobics Room
- Four racquetball courts available for racquetball, handball and walleyball
- Intramural sports for students, faculty, staff, and alumni
Membership is automatic for undergraduate students, paid through the Student Activity
Fee assessed at the beginning of each school term.
Faculty and Staff
Membership is free to faculty and staff, including their dependents, as an employee
benefit. Dependents will be required to obtain an SBU ID card at a cost of $20.
If you stay in the Bolivar area after graduating, you can receive a reduced-rate membership
to the Wellness Center.
Anyone living in the Bolivar area can apply for membership in the Wellness Center,
according to the published rate schedule.
Learn more about membership
Wellness Center members and guests can benefit from the fitness classes offered each
semester. Download the Fitness Class Schedule for the current class offerings, along with descriptions of each class. Examples
of fitness classes include:
- Aqua aerobics
- Ballroom dancing
- Body sculpting
- Cardio step and step kickboxing
- Killer Abs
Fitness Class Schedule
Wellness Center facilities, including natatorium and intramural gym, are available
for group events.
Learn more about reserving facilities
Wellness Center Policies
All members and guests of the SBU Wellness Center are expected to adhere to the Wellness
Center policies in order to ensure an orderly and safe environment.
Wellness Center Policies