LPN or Paramedic to Registered Nurse (RN) Bridge Program
(Salem or Springfield Campuses)
Looking to turn your LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or Paramedic license into an RN (Registered Nurse)? If you have already obtained an LPN or Paramedic license, you may go through the RN bridge program to pursue an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree at the Southwest Baptist University-Salem Campus or the Southwest Baptist University-Springfield Campus in conjunction with the Mercy College of Nursing and Health Sciences of SBU.
To be admitted into the LPN to RN or paramedic to RN bridge program, you must submit:
- Current, unencumbered LPN or Paramedic license, with IV certification
- Clean drug screen, background check, confidentiality agreement
- Valid driver's license
- Up-to-date immunizations: Varicella, MMR, Hepatitis B, Influenza
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.70 on prior college work
- Science GPA of at least 2.70
- Other requirements as indicated
Want to Learn More?
Interested in studying at the salem campus?
Visit the SBU-Salem Campus page to learn more about the campus, admissions process, cost and financial aid, and more.
For questions, contact Courtney Smith, Health Professions Coordinator, at (573) 729-7071, ext. 7312 or cgsmith@SBUniv.edu.
Interested in Studying at the Springfield Campus?
Visit the SBU-Springfield Campus page to learn more about the campus, admissions process, cost and financial aid, and more.
For questions, contact Charlie Hungerford, director of admissions, at (417) 447-8670 or chungerford@SBUniv.edu.