SBUBolivar, Missouri Est. 1878
- Cardio and weight equipment is to be wiped down after each usage. A spray cleaner/disinfectant will be provided in exercise area. Please, consider bringing a towel to cover benches during workout. Covering the benches with towels prolongs the life of the equipment and reduces the spread of infections and illness.
- Participants must be 16 years of age or older to use the Fitness Area. Anyone under the age of 16 is not allowed in the Fitness Area, even in the company of an adult, parent or guardian.
- Appropriate exercise attire is required in the Fitness Area. Full length shirts with backs, shorts, aerobic wear, and close-toed athletic shoes are acceptable. Sandals, open-toed shoes, boots, hard soled shoes, and anything that compromises the safety and professionalism of the Fitness Area are prohibited.
- Personal belongings (backpacks, clothing, wallets, etc.) may not be placed any where in the Fitness Area. All personal items must be stored in student locker rooms.
- No food, beverages, or gum is allowed in the Fitness Area. Only water in sealable containers is allowed.
- All weight training should be performed in a controlled, safe manner. Dropping, slamming, or bouncing of weights is prohibited.
- Spotters are necessary for all free weights.
- Collars are required for free weight bars.
- Re-rack weights and dumbbells after use.
- Do not place weights or dumbbells on padded benches.
- Weight plates must be kept in free weight and plate-loaded areas.
- Dumbbell use is limited to one set of dumbbells at a time.
- Cardiovascular machine workouts are limited to 30 minutes if patrons are waiting.
- Report any injury or maintenance needs to Fitness staff.
- Participation is at your own risk.
- Fitness staff may ask participants to leave area for non-observance of policies.
- Physical Training may only be performed by trainers, officially sanctioned by the Wellness Center Director.