Welcome to the New SBU Online Vehicle Registration Page
Click to Register Online Now
Designed for use with Internet Explorer. Other browsers may not work.
Simply follow the instructions below to register your vehicle.
1. Select SBU Safety and Security from the dropdown. Click the Write New Online Permit Registration Button
2. Select the appropriate permit type, then continue.
3. Next enter your contact information. If you are directly related you may enter multiple persons by selecting the Add New Contact button. Click continue.
4. Now enter your vehicle information. Once again you can add additional vehicles by selecting the Add New Vehicle button. Click continue.
5. Review your information for accuracy and make any changes needed, add any notes, special requests or comments then click continue.
6. You will receive a message that your request has been filed along with a registration number. You have the option of selecting the View Permit Registration button to print or save a copy for your files.
7. Once finished, you will need to pick up your permit at the Hammons Building or at Welcome Week Registration. Permits for the 2012-2013 academic year will be available beginning August 1, 2012.Online Link: Register Online Now
Printable Form: PDF If you can not or do not want to fill out an online form you may fill out this form and submit it to the SBU Safety and Security office at the Hammons Center, 520 W Aldrich, Bolivar MO 65613.
In order to register your vehicle, you must provide the following information:
Type of permit: All students will be either On Campus Residents (live in SBU housing) or Commuter Students. Faculty Staff requests will be verified before issuance of a permit. Student workers, Graduate Assistants, Resident Assistants, work-study, etc. are students first and therefore not Faculty/Staff.
Your Name: Please use full legal name to avoid confusion.
Permanent Address: This is the address your bills go to. Local addresses are temporary housing such as dorms and apartments.
Vehicle Information: Style(number of doors), Make, Model, Year, Color, Type(car, truck, van), and License Plate Number and State
Additional contact information such as phone numbers, email, and SBU ID number are highly encouraged.
Questions: Call 417-328-1556