Violent or Threatening Situation
(417) 328-1556 or 328-8733
Workplace violence can happen at any time. In the event of violence or the threat of violence follow the following procedures.
Threat of Violence
- Any threat of violence needs to be reported to the department of safety and security. You may want to write down the information given for evidence.
- If the threat is of immediate danger call 911 and report the threat to the police first then to safety and security.
- Stay calm and do not provoke a response from the individual(s).
- Call 911 as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Notify Safety and security if possible.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Do not threaten or provoke the aggressor.
- Take shelter or leave the area quickly and quietly.
- Assist Police with information and follow their instructions.
- Write down as much information as possible about the incident. Do this as soon as possible.