(417) 328-1556 or 328-8733
In the event of a sexual assault, the victim should be aware of the following procedures:
- Report the incident to the following:
- Bolivar Police; 345 South Main Avenue; #(417) 326-5298
- A victim that is a student should inform the dean of students; Goodson Student Union; #(417) 328-1827 (A member of the residence life staff may serve as a liaison for a student/victim residing in a residence hall). Employees should inform one of the following designated “reporting officials”: president, provost, vice-president for administration, athletic director, and director of safety and security.
- Seek medical assistance
- student health center (417) 328-1888
- Ambulance (417) 326-7000
- Citizen’s Memorial Hospital Emergency Room (417) 326-0301)
- Consider the importance of preserving evidence
- Seek counseling on or off campus
- SBU Counseling Center (417) 328-1736
- Consider pressing charges
- University officials will cooperate with local officials
- If the accused is a student, university disciplinary measures may also be taken at the appropriate time with both the accused and the accuser informed of the outcome.
- Consider requesting changes regarding academic and living situations. Changes will be made if requests are received that may be reasonably accommodated. Requests for changes should be addressed to the vice-president for student development.
- The accuser and accused are entitled to the same opportunities to have others present during a disciplinary proceeding.
- Both the accuser and the accused shall be informed of the outcome of any institutional disciplinary proceeding brought alleging a sex offense (the institution’s final determination and any sanction against the accused).
- Refer to the student guidelines and expectation section of the handbook to learn about discipline and sanctions related to sexual assault.