SBUBolivar, Missouri Est. 1878
General Evacuation Procedures
(417) 328-1556 or 328-8733
- A building should be evacuated when an alarm sounds continuously and/or upon notification by safety and security or the building coordinator.
- Be aware of all marked exits from your area and building. Know the routes out of the building.
- If necessary or directed to do so, activate the building alarms. Caution: Some building alarms ring only in the building – you may need to notify safety and security or other outside agencies by phone.
- When evacuating a building walk quickly to the nearest exit.
- Assist those with special needs (i.e. handicapped) in exiting the building.
- Once outside move to a safe location away from the building. DO NOT REENTER THE BUILDING.
- Keep roads and sidewalks clear for emergency personnel.
- Assist the emergency responders only if asked to do so or if you have important information to report.
- Notify the building coordinator or safety and security of any persons believed to still be in the building.