Moving In/Moving Out
Thanksgiving and Spring Break Check-out
All residents must vacate the residence hall premises by the Saturday following the last day of classes--unless approved by the Resident Director and the Residence Life Department for extended occupancy. All residents must check-out with staff, clean the room, take out trash to the dumpster, lower the heat, blinds and lock the door before vacating the building. Any resident failing to abide by procedure and policy will be subjected to a $25 charge per item. Residence Halls will re-open at 2 p.m. on the Sunday, before classes resume.
When vacating your room, be sure to clean the following areas:
- Window sills
- Desk drawers (inside and out)
- Chest of drawers (top and all sides)
- Closet shelves
- Desk (top and all sides) and chair
- All wall areas that are dirty and/or have tape marks
- Remove carpet (personally owned)
- Clean floors (sweep or vacuum)
- Sinks and mirrors
- Kitchens (oven, refrigerator, cabinets, etc.) * apartments only
- Bathroom sinks, toilets, and showers (suites and apartments)
- You may obtain a broom or vacuum cleaner at the front desk.
- Return all furniture to its original location.
- Remove any decals, tape, sticky tack, etc. from the inside and outside of your room door and closet woodwork.
All trash and abandoned items are to be taken to the dumpster near your hall or apartment complex. If the dumpster is full, trash should be bagged and placed next to the dumpster. Please do not leave any trash or items in the hallways.
- Remove all of your belongings from your room and/or apartment.
- If you have any questions about the check-out process, please contact your Resident Assistant or Resident Director and/or Apartment Manager.
- All residents must check-out with a residence life staff member before leaving campus; return all room and mailbox keys; clean room and return furniture to its original order.
- Failure to fulfill any of these duties will result in monetary fines assessed to your student account.
- Please remember to take your bicycle with you.