Residence facility for males
1730 University Ave
Todd Earl, Resident Director
Plaster Lodge is the only residence hall on the SBU campus that does not use the “hall” designation at the end of its name. For the first 10 to 15 years of its existence, since its inception in 1983, Plaster was officially named “Plaster Guest Lodge” due to the fact that it was a facility designed specifically to house guests of the University. In the late 1990’s, due to overcrowding in the University’s residence halls, the Lodge was transformed into a residence facility for students…and has remained so ever since. In keeping with its “guest lodge” roots, Plaster continues to maintain a special suite – “The President’s Suite” – that is used to house special guests of the University.
- Annual Beasley-Plaster-Meyer Ice Cream Social (Held first week of the Fall Semester)
- Annual Plaster-Meyer-Beasley Fall Semester Barbeque (Held in the first one-to-two weeks of the Fall Semester)
- Bearcat Days Ice Cream Social (Held during annual Bearcat Days Extravaganza in April)
- Annual Plaster-Meyer-Beasley Spring Semester Barbeque (Held in the last one-to-two weeks of the Spring Semester)
- Hall Color- Black
|Average Room Size:||12 ft. x 20 ft. 4 in.|
|Sink Area||6 ft. 1 in. x 5 ft. 3 in.|
|Ceiling to floor||9 ft.|
(mini blinds provided)
|4 ft. 6 in. x 3 ft. 6 in.|
|Mattress Size: Standard Twin|
|Floor Type: Rooms are fully carpeted. Bathrooms are tile.|
|Each room has a sink and a mirror.|
Bathroom Type – All resident rooms at Plaster Lodge have private bathrooms.
- On Plaster’s first floor, there are five rooms that have handicapped accessible bathrooms. Each first floor bathroom has a walk-in shower (no bathtub) and toilet. The bathroom floors are all tile. The sinks in each room are located outside the bathroom.
- On Plaster’s second and thirds floors, the bathrooms have complete bathtub/shower units and toilets. The bathroom floors are all tile. The sinks in each room are located outside the bathroom.
Laundry Room – There are two washing machines, two dryers, and a laundry card machine in Plaster’s laundry room, which is located on the first floor. Both the washing machines and dryers are card-operated. Laundry cards can be purchased for $5 from the laundry card machine. The machine accepts $5, $10, and $20 dollar bills (no coins or $1 dollar bills).
Kitchen – Plaster Lodge does not have a kitchen. Plans are now being made, however, to install a full-service kitchen on Plaster’s first floor.
Describe Lobbies – Plaster has three lounges – one on each of the Lodge’s three floors. Each of the lounges have couches and chairs and a big-screen TV.
Vending Machines – Plaster has food and beverage vending machines – and an ice machine – on the first floor.
Trash Disposal – Trash dumpsters are conveniently located on the south and east side of the Lodge.
Television – Mounted big-screen TV’s are located in Plaster’s first, second, and third floor lounges. All of the TV’s are cable-connected and have connector ports for DVD’s and video game units.
Entrances/Exit Doors – Plaster has five entrance/exit doors. Three on the first floor and two on the second floor. One of the second floor doors connects directly to SBU’s Jim Mellers Center, the building that houses SBU’s Bible major classes.