The Courts Redford College of Theology and Ministry
The Continuing Legacy of Dr. Courts Redford
Historical note: Dr. Courts Redford was President of Southwest Baptist College from 1930 to 1943, leading the then Junior College through one of its most uncertain periods. After serving 21 years with the Home Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention, the last ten years as the chief executive officer, he retired in 1964. After moving back to Bolivar in 1966, Dr. Redford again served Southwest as Interim President for 9 months in 1967. The College's Division of Christianity and Philosophy was officially renamed in his honor in the Fall of 1973. —See Dr. Courts Redford, his life and labors, by Geoffrey S. Swadley, c. 1974.
A picture of Dr. Redford hangs in the main reception area of the newly remodled James Mellers Center which houses the classrooms and faculty offices of the Courts Redford College of Theology and Ministry, one of SBU's six colleges.