The Courts Redford College of Theology and Ministry
Administrative Assistant: Debbie Barnhouse
College Office, 200·B Jim Mellers Center
Phone: (417) 328-1770
The Courts Redford College of Theology and Ministry endeavors from a Christian perspective to teach students the Bible, our Christian heritage, and spiritual formation, and and to prepare students for professional church vocations.
The Courts Redford College of Theology and Ministry accomplishes its mission by:
- Providing introductory courses for each SBU student in the Bible and spiritual formation.
- Providing courses that will prepare students for seminary or further graduate study.
- Providing an introduction to the basic tools of doing the work of a local church.
- Mentoring church vocation students to understtand their call better and to live the Christ-centered life.
- Giving experience under guidance through its In-Service Training Office to those preparing for church vocations.
- Making students aware of the witnessing imperative of the Christian faith around the globe.
The Courts Redford College of Theology and Ministry is named in honor of the ministry of Dr. Courts Redford at SBU. The College is responsible for the academic programs in religion and for the Institute of Evangelism. The College serves the University by offering courses required for graduation and programs of theological training for those who are entering church related vocations and for lay people.
Opportunities and Regulations
The Courts Redford College of Theology and Ministry offers majors and minors through the following departments:
There are also interdisciplinary majors, minors and special programs. A student may take more than one Redford major only with special permission and special course requirement limits. Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 in all courses taken within the Redford College and earn C grades or higher in all courses taken within the Redford CORE, their major(s), concentrations and/or minor(s) with the Redford College. All policies of the University apply to students who major or minor in Redford College programs. The standard semester course load of 16 hours is required in order to earn the baccalaureate degree in eight sememster (4 years).
All Redford College students are expected to live a consistent Christian life based on biblical principles of conduct.