- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Graduate Students
The 1-2-3s of Transferring to SBU
When you transfer to SBU, we know you’re not new to college life just new to our campus. For this reason, you won’t simply be grouped with freshmen entering college for the first time. Your situation is different, and you’ll receive the level of individual attempt needed to make your transfer seamless. The checklist below will help navigate the transfer admission process. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the transfer admissions representative, at 417-328-1816 or call toll-free 800-526-1912.
7 Steps To Transfer
1. Apply – Do it online right now.
2. Provide Transcripts — We need transcripts from every institution from which you have earned credit.
3. Be Accepted — You need a GPA of at least 2.00 or above. The admissions committee must review lower GPAs.
4. Send Your Enrollment Deposit — This secures your spot in classes.
5. Submit Your Housing Request — Students must live on campus unless they are 21 or older or have completed 90+ credit hours.
6. Send in the Principles and Expectations Form — A requirement to enroll at SBU.
7. Enroll in classes — Transfer students can enroll early as long as the 6 steps above have been completed.
Missouri Reverse Transfer
More information is available on the Missouri Department of Higher Education website at http://www.dhe.mo.gov/MissouriReverseTransferforstudents.php.
Download the Opt-In Form here.
For questions about the Missouri Reverse Transfer at SBU, please contact:
Registrar and Reverse Transfer Coordinator
Sells Administration Building
Southwest Baptist University
1600 University Ave.
Bolivar, MO 65613