What You Can Do to Stay Healthy
- Stay informed. This website will be updated regularly as information becomes available.
- Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through the coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- Take everyday actions to stay healthy.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Stay home if you get sick. CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds, and other social distancing measures.
- Get a seasonal Flu shot.
- Get a H1N1 (swine) flu shot when available. Watch your campus e-mail and updates on this site for this information.
For more information visit the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/.
SBU’s Office of Marketing and Communications is available to news media 24 hours a day at (417) 399-7918. Visit the SBU Office of Marketing & Communications online.
Follow news updates on www.Twitter.com/sbunews
Public Information Contact: Sharina Smith