Global Health Coordinator
Warren B. Davis Family Physical Therapy Center, 114
Bolivar, MO 65613
Current Research Projects
Recent Scholarly Publications and Presentations
- McNeal B, Knowles N, Tinsley-Biggs A. Effectiveness of Tai Chi and Yoga Interventions in Reducing Fear of Falling for Community-Dwelling Elders: A Systematic Review. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. San Diego, CA January 2013.
- Stockton H, Vance K, McNeal B. The Effectiveness of FES Combined with Conventional Therapy vs. Conventional Therapy Alone in Post-Stroke Gait Training: A Systematic Review. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Chicago, IL February 2012.
- Harmon S, Krus K, Wambolt R, McNeal B. The Effectiveness of Taping, Strapping, and Garments in the Physical Therapy Care of Children with Neuromuscular Disorders: A Systematic Review. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. New Orleans, LA February 2011.
- Millspaugh B, McNeal B. Effectiveness of a one Time Visit for a Patient with Cerebrovascular Accident in An Impoverished South American Community, Poster Presentation, APTA Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 2011. Poster received a “Social Responsibility” award from the Global Health SIG of the Health Policy and Administration Section of the APTA.
- Thomas J, Williams T, and McNeal B. Core Strengthening and Balance: A Systematic Review of the Current Literature. Poster Presentation. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, San Diego, CA, February 2010.
Why do you enjoy teaching at SBU?
"I can freely intertwine my Christian faith with my profession here. I also really enjoy the interaction with the extremely bright students we have in the program. They challenge me to be a better professor and a better clinician."
Educational and Professional Background
Bachelor of Science in Education from Baylor University, Master of Science in Physical Therapy from Texas Woman's University, and Doctor of Physical Therapy from SBU. Most of my clinical background has been in adult rehabilitation, focused on neurological and geriatric patients.