Program Mission and Student Outcomes
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." - Colossians 3:23-24
Program Mission Statement (rev. 11.17.04)
Our Healing Mission: The physical therapy department at SBU is dedicated to providing society with physical therapists who engage in the art and science of physical therapy with a Christian worldview. The graduate will be a clinician generalist who is prepared to provide physical therapy services for a diverse population in an evolving society and health care environment.
Program Goals (est. 11.17.04)
A SBU Doctor of Physical Therapy graduate will be able to:
1) Integrate the Christian worldview into the practice of physical therapy.
2) Engage in the professional practice expectations on a diverse patient and client population throughout the lifespan.
3) Educate and communicate with appropriate stakeholders in the health care environment.
4) Serve the profession and society to promote and improve evolving health care delivery.
5) Reflectively practice the art and science of physical therapy by critically evaluating, integrating, and contributing to the expanding professional knowledge base.
6) Formulate a plan for life-long learning coupled with professional, personal, and spiritual growth.
Over the past three years our:
- Graduation rate is 98.6%
- Ultimate licensure exam pass rate is 94.3%
- Employment rate within six months for those passing the licensure examination is 100%
- Acceptance rate into the program is 13.3%
(This information was last updated November 2013)