- About Us
- Class Schedule
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Faculty & Staff
- Health Science Programs
- Nursing Programs
- Student Resources
Applying to the Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) Program
Admission Policy, MSN Program
In addition to admission to the university, all graduate degree-seeking students must formally apply for admission to the College of Nursing graduate MSN degree program. Applicants must complete the following for acceptance into the MSN degree program.
- New MSN students must first apply to SBU Online – or print and complete the SBU university graduate application.
- Submit a completed SBU MSN admission form for the MSN Program.
Print, complete and return the application(s) and all documents listed on the application to:
Attention: MSN Admissions
Mercy College of Nursing of SBU
4431 S. Fremont
Springfield, MO 65804
Students Applying to the MSN Program
- SBU university graduate application with $30 application fee. (Fee waived if previous SBU student)
- Submission of Application to the MSN program in nursing and all documents listed on the application. $25 MSN application fee (non-refundable)
- Satisfactory completion of 3 hours of upper division under graduate course in health assessment.
- Satisfactory completion of graduate level statistics.
- GPA of 3.0 or better in nursing course work.
- BSN from an accredited college or university.
- Licensure as registered nurse in the State of Missouri or eligible for licensure in the State of Missouri.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty and employer or others who can address the applicant’s potential to succeed in graduate study.
- Submission of an essay (no longer than 2 pages) outlining how a MSN will facilitate the accomplishment of the applicant’s professional goals and career path.
- There may be clinical requirement such as background check, drug screening or immunization records after admission