Applying to the Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) Program
Admission Policy, ASN Program
In addition to admission to the university, all lower division degree-seeking students must formally apply for admission to the College of Nursing undergraduate program. Applicants must complete the following for acceptance into the program.
ASN Application Process
- New ASN students must first apply to SBU Online – or print and complete the SBU-Springfield Admission Application.
- Submit a completed ASN Application Packet for the ASN Program.
Print, complete and return the application(s) to:
Attention: ASN Admissions
Mercy College of Nursing of SBU
4431 S. Fremont
Springfield, MO 65804
Students Applying to the ASN Program
- Review and complete the ASN Program Checklist
- Applicants who have applied to the ASN program in the past but were not selected and wish to be considered again for admission must reapply to the ASN program but are not required to pay the application fee after the initial application.
- Attend a mandatory information meeting about the admission requirements at the College of Nursing at 4431 S. Fremont in Springfield. These meetings are open and do not require a reservation. They are held every Tuesday at 1:30 pm and every Wednesday at 9:00 am.
- Complete computerized admission testing at the College of Nursing prior to the due date for applications. The testing is offered every second and third Tuesday of the month at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm. You must register for the testing at least one week in advance. You may register in person at the College of Nursing or you may call(417) 820-2098 to register. The testing fee is $40 if you want to use a study guide for the test. Study guides must be picked up at the College of Nursing in Springfield and returned at the time of testing. If you do not wish to use a study guide the cost is $32.00. No testing is offered in January or August. Test content includes the following topics, a personality profile, learning styles assessment, math, reading, chemistry, anatomy and physiology. More detailed information is offered in the mandatory information meeting. Test fees are non-refundable.
- Consideration for Fall (August): January 30 of previous year
- Consideration for Spring (January): August 15 of same year