Master of Science in Education/Lead Teacher
Candidates pursuing the MS/Lead Teacher may take courses in any order with the exception of EDU 5013 Clinical Field Study. This course must be taken the spring semester before the completion of the program. It is recommended that EDU 5083 Educational Research be taken the fall semester before completing the clinical field study.
The following represents a typical course rotation for the MS/Lead Teacher. Students may take courses when they are offered but altering the rotation may impact the date of completion.
You should check with your advisor and the Office of Graduate Studies for any changes to the master schedule.
- EDU 5323 Improving Instruction (On-line)
- EAD 6053 School Supervision
- EAD 6083 Essentials in Law, Finance and Buildings (On-Line with one f2f Saturday)
- EAD 6143 Educational Organization, Leadership and Change (On-line)
- EAD 6014 School Administration (On SBU Campus)
- EAD 6024 Curriculum for School Administrators (On SBU Campus)
- EDU 5213 Current Issues in Technology (On-line)
- EDU 5083 Educational Research
- EDU 5313 Clinical Field Study (Arranged)
- EDU 5033 Learners and the Learning Process
- EDU 5023 Curriculum Design and Development
- EDU 5593 Spiritual Issues in Public Schools
Total: 38 hours