Educational Specialist in Educational Administration - Superintendency
All applicants accepted for graduate study must have graduated, or be scheduled to graduate during the current academic year, from a regionally accredited college or university with a baccalaureate degree comparable in content and credit hours with degrees granted by SBU.
For admission into the Educational Specialist program students must currently hold a master's degree and hold a valid teaching certificate and at least five years of teaching experience. There are three tracks for admission to the program depending the graduate degree held and certification as a building level administrator.
Steps to be followed in obtaining admission to the Educational Specialist are:
- An official transcript showing the completion of a bachelor's degree and masters's degree, as well as all undergraduate and graduate work attempted. The transcript must come directly from the sending institution. No "issued to student", faxed, or photocopied transcripts will be accepted.
- An application fee if you are not a graduate of SBU
- Graduate application and questionnaire
- A copy of the candidate's administrative and/or teaching certificate.
- Successful completion of the SLLA (scores submitted) or a professional development plan.