Department of Business Administration
The Business Administration Department is accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Business Administration offers Bachelors of Science degrees with majors in: Economics/Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing, and Public Relations as well as an Associate of Science degree in Business.
- Psalm 15 faith integration in the classroom
- Prescriptive curriculum -- BS degree (128 credits): 49 gen. educ./graduation requirements; 45 College core; 27-33 major requirements
- Faculty – Outstanding, professionally/ doctorally qualified
- EnactUs (previously known as Enactus) competed nationally 28 out of 29 years.
- Curriculum; project – student friendly environment
- Internships: Approximately 75% of business students take at least one internship during their tenure at SBU.
- MFT (Major Field Test) 90-95% overall. Standardized test that compares our students with over 100,000 students nationwide on business knowledge.
- Delta Mu Delta – National Business Honorary Society
- Capstone courses: Two unique capstone courses: MGT 4083, Management Strategy & Policy, and LDR 4043, Ethics & Professional Development.
- All have work experience in discipline(s) in which they teach; none teach in more that two subject areas
- Four have received the University's DIstinguished Teacher Award
- Seven full-time faculty
- five doctorally qualified
- two in a doctoral program
- one professioally qualified ABD
- Three part-time faculty
- One Juris Doctor
- Two professionally qualified
Graduates are employed:
|Accenture [Duck Creek Technologies]||Lowe’s|
|Bank of America||Missouri Credit Union Association|
|Bank of Bolivar||Nestle|
|Boy Scouts of America||New York Life|
|C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.,||Peerless|
|Citizens Memorial Health Care||Shelter Insurance|
|Conoco Phillips||EnactUs (previously known as Enactus)|
|Cox Health||Space Foundation|
|Focus on the Family||Wal-Mart|
|Hallmark||Wausau Signature Agency|
|HMS Enterprises, Inc.||Wells Fargo|
|International Fuel Technology, Inc.||Whirlpool|