What are some books you have read recently?
- John Grisham: "Playing for Pizza" and "The Innocent Man"
- James Patterson: "Sunday at Tiffany’s"
- Max Lucado: "Cast of Characters"
Describe your best get-a-way vacation. My favorite “get-a-way” vacation would be to travel somewhere with my husband where we have plenty of outside activities available to us (hiking, biking, adventuring) and staying in luxury lodging.
What is something you have learned this year? I have finally learned that people are different through God’s design and purpose. It is not all about me.
If you could take any class, what would that class be? Actually, I would love to take a class under Dr. Bing Bayer or Dr. Duke Jones, plus I want to take a Graphic Design Course and a Pottery course.
If you could be any animal, what would it be? A well, pampered cat.
Do you have a Facebook or MySpace account (which)? Yes, I got my Facebook page last week (thanks to Levi Bridge).
Who would I like to spend one with (besides my husband)? I would give anything to spend one day with my mother and sister who I lost within three months, two years ago.
Bolivar, MO 65613
What courses do you teach?
- Consumer Behavior
- Creative Advertising
- Administrative DerryberrySchool/Human Resource Management
- Business Communications
- Managerial Communications (MBA class)
How long have you been teaching at SBU?
- I am in my 24th year (started when I was 12 in 1985).
Why do you enjoy teaching at SBU?
- I love my teaching area and find it real exciting to see my students love the classes and material, too.
- The size and location of SBU, along with it being faith based, has been a great place to grow close to the students.
- My husband also teaches here.
What are some of your faith dedications (where do you attend church and in what are you involved)?
- I have been a member of First Baptist Church in Bolivar for 24 years.
- In these years I have served as a Trustee (twice), on the Finance Committee, as a Sunday school and substitute Sunday school teacher, and as a group leader.
What is your educational background?
- Bachelor of Arts degree, Business Education and Business Administration; minors in English and Spanish, Southwest Baptist College
- Masters of Science degree, Marketing and Distributive Education, Central Missouri State University in Warrensburg
- Doctorate of Education, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
What do you do in your leisure time? I love to get away with my husband (go out to dinner or shopping or just hang out). I love to read and travel.