What are some books you have read recently?
- "Total Truth",by Nancy Pearcey
- "For God’s Sake, Shut Up!" By Brian Kaylor
- "Blessed are the Cynical", by Mark Ellingsen
Describe your best get-a-way vacation. John and I went to Italy and Spain a few years ago for our wedding anniversary.
What is something you have learned this year? I learned how to play Frisbee golf.
If you could take any class, what would that class be? If Dr. Dan Cochran would come out of retirement and teach it, I would take his class on C.S. Lewis; I was never able to take the course before he retired because I always taught a class at the same time it was offered.
If you could be any animal, what would it be? A bear. A bear stuffs herself with food and then sleeps for six months. Her mate expects her to growl when she finally awakens. Yes; definitely a bear.
Do you have a Facebook or MySpace account (which)? Yes; Facebook.
Bolivar, MO 65613
What courses do you teach?
- Principles of Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Management (MBA)
- Principles of Management
- Honors LIFE Econ
How long have you been teaching at SBU?
- Full-time: since 1990 (19th year)
- (Part-time: four years before that, if you think that needs to be included)
Why do you enjoy teaching at SBU?We have great students—and they make for great alumni. It is so exciting to keep in touch with our grads—many of whom have had some very impressive accomplishments—and to know that I played a small role in the education that prepared them for the challenges they have faced along the way.
What are some of your faith dedications (where do you attend church and in what are you involved)?
- My husband and I are members of Wellspring Baptist Fellowship, where he serves as the administrative elder. We attend a couples Bible Study group. John is the chief chef for our monthly potluck dinners at church; I assist by serving beverages.
What is your educational background?
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, SBU
- MBA, Drury College
- Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
What do you do in your leisure time? I enjoy spending time with my husband, our daughters and son-in-law, and our two grand-dogs. Our family enjoys playing board games and card games; we have several favorite movies from which we quote quite frequently.
Have you served with any short-term international mission teams? Yes. I went to New Zealand with a team from our church a few years ago. NZ is a very secular society, so the Christians there have developed many innovative ways to reach those who do not know Christ. With a team of IMB Virtual Strategy Coordinators, I have traveled to Tomsk, Siberia, Russia three times where I have taught at a university and assisted in ESL classes at a local church.