“All faculty within the department assist the student in addressing human behaviors though the lens of the Christian Worldview. ”
- Department Chair, Kevin Schriver
Social Work Major
- The Social Work Major addresses advocacy and interventions when working with people.
- The program prepares students to be generalist social work practitioners or to go on to study in a Master of Social Work (MSW) program.
- In most states, students who have a BSW degree are eligible to apply for social work licensure.
Social workers work in a wide variety of employment settings, such as:
- Hospice Agencies
- Child Welfare Organizations
- Adoption Agencies
- Mental Health Organizations
- Aging Services
- Correctional Institutions
- Homeless Shelters
- Domestic Violence Programs
- Pregnancy Resource Centers
Visit the Bachelor of Social Work website for more information.