Music Education Major
- The SBU Music Department aims to cultivate within students a passion for music as well as develop their skills.
- In spacious practice facilities and performance venues, students receive individualized attention from accomplished professors as they pursue their field of study.
- Learning under experienced faculty, students are given the resources needed for future success in ministries and careers.
- This course of study prepares the student for state certification in vocal, instrumental, or vocal/instrumental music education; and for public or private school teaching in Grades K-12.
- Students in the music education degree area are eligible to join CMENC, the Collegiate Music Educators National Conference.
For more information, visit the Music Department website.