Middle School Education Major
- All middle school education majors must have two areas of certification, one of which they claim as their primary area of certification. This better prepares teacher candidates to join interdisciplinary teams of teachers upon graduation and makes the graduates more marketable.
- Opportunities to work in a professional setting with veteran teachers prior to student teaching.
- Today’s middle schools and junior high schools are a mission field where caring and effective teachers can make a difference in students’ lives.
- Faculty in the middle school education program have experience in public schools and a passion for working with teacher candidates who will impact middle level students.
- Student Missouri State Teacher’s Association (SMSTA) meets monthly with meetings planned by the student leadership team. Each month the program focuses on an important aspect of K-12 education. Guest speakers with expertise are common, providing current information in the field.
For more information, visit the Department of Education website.