Interdisciplinary Studies Major
- Exceptional students are allowed to design their own course of study when their academic or career goals do not fit into any existing major.
- The student, with the assistance of the IDS Coordinator, designs a curriculum plan that includes courses from various academic disciplines along with a timetable for completion, a rationale for the proposed course of study, and method of assessment.
- Students interested in applying for the IDS major must have a minimum ACT of 24 and have completed 32 college credit hours with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00, or have a minimum ACT of 21 and have completed 32 college credit hours with a cumulative grade point average of 3.30.
- Students must maintain a 3.00 grade point average.
- The proposed curriculum of study include:
- A minimum of sixty (60) hours of course study combined in a minimum of two but no more than four areas of study.
- At least thirty (30) hours must be upper level hours (3000-4000 level courses).
- The proposed course of study cannot have more than fifty percent (50%) of the courses come from any one academic department.
Contact Coordinator Sherry Bayer, (417) 328-2094, for more information.