At SBU, Department Chair Wayne Clark, CPA, promises to personalize your college experience and help you determine your accounting career options. Mr. Clark will even make sure you get cupcakes for your birthday, and if your birthday is in the summer, you will get cupcakes on your half-birthday!
Where can you get a department chair to create an individualized four-year plan for your accounting major? At SBU the accounting program at SBU is personalized so that you will be ready to take the Certified Public Accountant exam and graduate in four years.
- The accounting department offers two majors: Accounting and Accounting & Information Assurance.
- Many accounting majors also double-major; students often choose another major from the business college options. All of our accounting faculty are professionally-certified.
- SBU accounting alumni are tied into the department. They provide financial support, a mentoring program for freshmen and high school recruits, and leads to jobs.
- We have strong alumni career network to help students get a foot in the door. An Accounting degree or major from SBU will provide you with a solid foundation for many career options.
- With our emphasis on a personalized, Christ-centered education and college experience, you will leave SBU better prepared to be a Christ-like servant in the business world of the future.
- Today’s employers are looking for academically-qualified graduates who have a strong ethical foundation and know “right from wrong.”
SBU Accounting will challenge you to improve the critical thinking and communication skills you need along with the ability to crunch the numbers.
Visit the Accounting website for more information.