Gordon & Judy Dutile Honors Program
Why should you be an Honors Scholar?
The University recognizes the leadership potential and the accomplishments of outstanding students through the benefits of the Honors Program. These benefits include:
- Nine honors-specific courses designed to provide scholastic enrichment and opportunities for practical application and professional development
- Recognition on transcript, on diploma, and at graduation
- Early enrollment for classes
- Special cultural opportunities (at no cost to the student)
- Centralized academic advising with the Honors Program Director and faculty in the major area
- Honors colloquium for the sophomore and junior scholars that provides an opportunity for student presentations, guest speakers, and panel discussions
- Senior Honors Capstone Experience that allows students to complete a project or research in the student’s field of study, including the integration of faith and discipline
- Professional development opportunities at honors conferences
Consider becoming an SBU Honors Scholar! Applications for 2013-2014 are now being accepted.