- About Us
- Class Schedule
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Faculty & Staff
- Health Science Programs
- Nursing Programs
- Student Resources
Applying to the Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) Program – LPN Bridge
Admission Policy, ASN Program
In addition to admission to the university, all lower division degree-seeking students must formally apply for admission to the College of Nursing undergraduate ASN degree program. Applicants must complete the following for acceptance into the ASN degree program.
ASN Program - LPN Bridge Application Process
- New ASN students must first apply to SBU Online – or print and complete the SBU-Springfield Admission Application.
- Submit a completed LPN Bridge Application for the ASN Program – LPN Bridge.
Print, complete and return the application to:
Attention: ASN Admissions - LPN Bridge
Mercy College of Nursing of SBU
4431 S. Fremont
Springfield, MO 65804
Students Applying to the ASN Program - LPN Bridge
- Review and complete the ASN Program-LPN Bridge Checklist
- Applicants who have applied to the ASN program in the past but were not selected and wish to be considered again for admission must reapply to the ASN program but are not required to pay the application fee after the initial application.
- Complete computerized admission testing at the College of Nursing prior to the due date for applications. The testing is offered every second and third Tuesday of the month at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. You must register for the testing at least one week in advance. You may register in person at the College of Nursing or you may call (417) 820-2069 to register. The testing fee is $40 if you want to use a study guide for the test. Study guides must be picked up at the College of Nursing in Springfield and returned at the time of testing. If you do not wish to use a study guide the cost is $33.00. No testing is offered in January or August. Test content includes the following topics, a personality profile, learning styles assessment, math, reading, chemistry, anatomy and physiology. More detailed information is offered in the mandatory information meeting. Test fees are non-refundable.
- Attend LPN/Paramedic information meeting. The meeting is held the 1st Tuesday of every month at 4:00 p.m., and the 3rd Thursday of each month at 10:00 a.m. Please call (417) 820-2069 to confirm what meeting you will be attending. (Attendance will be verified).
Jan term: October 1st of previous year
Summer term: March 1st of same year