- About Us
- Class Schedule
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Faculty & Staff
- Health Science Programs
- Nursing Programs
- Student Resources
Associate of Science in Nursing
All applicants must have a minimum science GPA of 2.7 and a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.7.
To receive credit for a required general education course (listed below), the grade must be a C or better.The following foundational courses must be taken prior to registering for prerequisite courses:
- MAT 0123 Intermediate Algebra - (SBU Prerequisite for CHE 1104) Exempt if successfully completed high school algebra or Math ACT is at least a 22.
- BIO 1004 Principles of Biology - (SBU Prerequisite for Microbiology and Anatamoy and Physiology I) Exempt if Science Reasoning ACT is at least a 24.
Required prerequisite courses to be completed or in progress by time of application:
- CHE 1104 Chemistry - 4 credits with a lab
Biology (courses taken within five years of enrollment in ASN program)
- BIO 2204 Anatomy and Physiology I - 4 credits with a lab
- BIO 3304 Anatomy and Physiology II - 4 credits with a lab
- BIO 2213 Introduction to Microbiology - at least 3 credits with a lab
List of required general education courses for the ASN Program:
General Education courses can be completed before or during the ASN Program. Must have a "C" or better in completed courses.
- CIS 1103 Introduction to Computing
- PSY 1013 General Psychology
- ENG 1113 English Composition I
- PSY 3063 Human Growth and Development
- BIO 2243 Nutrition
- BIB 1013 Old Testament History
- BIB 1023 New Testament History
Final admissions decisions require the approval of the ASN Director and the Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.