Shelley Kilpatrick, Ph.D.
Instructor of Social Work
Gott Educational Center, 207
Bolivar, MO 65613
- Social Work Practice with Individuals, Families, Communities, and Organizations
- BSW Seminar and Practicum.
How long have you been teaching at SBU? I have been teaching at SBU since 2011.
Why do you enjoy teaching at SBU?
- I am passionate about teaching social work students on how to empower those who are the most vulnerable in our society.
- There is no better place to prepare students to become Christ-like social work practitioners.
What are some of your faith dedications:
- I attend Northbridge Church in Springfield, Mo.
- Throughout my relationship with Christ I have served in numerous roles in the church from nursery worker to Children's Pastor
Educational and Professional Background:
- Bachelor of Social Work, Missouri State University
- Master of Social Work, Missouri State University
- Doctorate of Social Work at University of Missouri-Columbia
What do you do in your leisure time? On the weekends, I enjoy spending time reading mystery novels, riding bikes with my family, or going on mini-trips. I also enjoy spending time with friends and my extended family
What are some books you have read recently?
- Hole in the Gospel by Richard Stearns
- Radical by David Platt
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
Describe your best get-a-way vacation. My favorite "get-a-way" vacations are spontaneoous. They typically happen when I'm driving home on a Friday evening and talking with my husband on my cell phone and we both decide to randomly go somewhere for the weekend.
What is something you have learned this year? God's plan is bigger than you can ever ask or imagine!
If you could be any animal, what would you be? A Monkey. They appear to have lots of fun!
Do you have a Facebook or MySpace account? Yes, Facebook.
Who would I like to spend a day with (besides my husband)?Jane Addams who was a pioneer in the social work profession.