Describe your best get-a-way vacation. My favorite "get-a-way" vacations are spontaneoous. They typically happen when I'm driving home on a Friday evening and talking with my husband on my cell phone and we both decide to randomly go somewhere for the weekend.
What is something you have learned this year? God's plan is bigger than you can ever ask or imagine!
If you could take any class, what would that class be? After I finish my dissertation, my goal is to take lots of classes in religious studies. Something I haven’t had the opportunity to do so far in my career, but think would be lots of fun!
If you could be any animal, what would you be? A Monkey. They appear to have lots of fun!
Do you have a Facebook or MySpace account? I have Facebook.
Who would I like to spend a day with (besides your husband)? Jane Addams who was a pioneer in the social work profession.
Instructor of Social Work
Gott Educational Center, 207
Bolivar, MO 65613
- Social Work Practice with Individuals, Families, Communities, and Organizations
- BSW Seminar and Practicum.
How long have you been teaching at SBU? I have been teaching at SBU since 2011.
Why do you enjoy teaching at SBU?
- I am passionate about teaching social work students on how to empower those who are the most vulnerable in our society.
- There is no better place to prepare students to become Christ-like social work practitioners.
What are some of your faith dedications?
- I am a member of a church in Springfield, Missouri.
- Throughout my relationship with Christ I have served in numerous roles in the church from nursery worker to Children's Pastor.
Educational and Professional Background:
- Bachelor of Social Work, Missouri State University
- Master of Social Work, Missouri State University
- Currently finishing my Doctorate of Social Work at University of Missouri-Columbia. Will graduate on December 14, 2013!!!
What do you do in your leisure time? On the weekends, I enjoy spending time reading mystery novels, riding bikes with my family, or going on mini-trips. I also enjoy spending time with friends and my extended family.
What books you have read recently?
- Reading Foucault for Social Work by Adrienne S Chambon, Allan Irving, and Laura Epstein.
- One Child by Torey Hayden.